Thursday, October 17, 2013
Proposals are requested from agencies seeking to provide homeless assistance services through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program. The ESG program is designed to assist people to quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis and/or homelessness. There are five (5) Eligible Categories of assistance: 1) Street Outreach, 2) Emergency Shelters (including Transitional Housing), 3) Homelessness Prevention Assistance, 4) Rapid Rehousing Assistance, and to provide a 5) Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for data collection. Eligible applicants may include local governments and private nonprofit organizations.
This competition will include allocations for two program fiscal years: 2013 and 2014. Funding up to $217,868 is available to be awarded for 2013. Available funding for 2014 is estimated to range from $196,082 to $217,868. Funds are contingent upon the Congressional allocation to HUD. Awards will be made on a competitive basis.
The five (5) Project Categories are limited to the following thresholds:
1) Street Outreach and 2) Emergency Shelter/Transitional Housing: combined total of $119,828.
3) Homelessness Prevention and 4) Rapid ReHousing Assistance: combined total of $98,041.
5) HMIS (Data Collection System): $7,303. (Administrative Cost, not part of Program Budget).
Questions regarding the ESG program must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Completed Applications are DUE NOVEMBER 6, 2013 BY 1:00 p.m. to the main office of the Community Development Department at 602 Robert D. Ray Drive.
Applications must be submitted in two (2) formats:
- electronically to email@example.com, and
- a printed version to the Community Development Department.
Application Packet Materials:
* To download file - right click and choose "Save As", "Download linked file", or a similar option.