View FEMA Flood Hazard Maps for the City of Des Moines
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) issued new preliminary
Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) for Polk County on June 17th, 2015, and for
Warren County on June 22, 2015. Revised Preliminary FIRMs for Polk County were issued on January 31, 2018. The new Warren County FIRMs took effect on November 16th, 2018. The new Polk County FIRMs will take effect on February 1st, 2019. If you have any questions about the floodplain maps, please contact the Permit and Development Center at 515-283-4200.
Flood Hazard Maps can also be viewed at:
- Select county.
- Select "Search Address" under Map Options in the upper right corner of the page.
- Type address in text box.
To view maps from the FEMA Flood Map Service please go to:
- Select State, County and Community
- Click the 'Search' button.
- Effective, Preliminary, and Pending Data can be viewed by searching folders.