This July, Tour DM Parks is back again as a celebration of National Parks and Recreation Month. Just like last year we have designated 31 locations throughout the park system. Participants who visit all 31 spots and share a photo with the hashtag #tourdmparks can compete to win the grand prize of $1,000 CASH courtesy of our sponsor, the Friends of the Des Moines Parks.
NEW IN 2017 - Tour Location Photo Challenge
One photo submitted from each of the 31 sites will be selected as the winner and awarded a special Tour DM Parks commemorative coin!
How it Works
- When contestants find each spot, they must document their visit with a photo and share it on any or all of our social media networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) with the official contest hashtag #tourdmparks. It’s as simple as that!
- Photos do not have to be submitted in any specific order.
- The first 500 entrants who visit 10 of the 31 locations and submit a photo will receive an Iowa Cubs t-shirt.
- The first 500 participants who submit a photo of themselves in at least 20 of the designated locations will receive a $20 “Parks Bucks” certificate with an estimated retail value of $20.00 which may be used for any Des Moines Parks and Recreation Department program through June 30, 2018.
- Entrants who submit photos of all 31 locations are then eligible to compete for the “Tour DM Parks” grand prize of $1,000.
Tools to Use
Things to Remember
- If we cant see you, we can't count you! In order to properly track your photo submissions, please make sure your social media profiles are public.
- The 31 sites and photos can be visited in any order, but only from July 1 - 31.