Crime Mapping Information
This site, crimemapping.com, is used to provide information to you about crimes in your neighborhood and should not be used for in-depth crime analysis. Not all crimes are represented, and for a variety of reasons not all crimes can be represented on a map.
The map shows a picture of recent crimes in the City of Des Moines, Iowa. The information you will see on the website is for information purposes only and not for commercial use.
The crimes on the map show the information first reported to the police department. Crime type and details about an incident may change based on information from follow-up investigations.
Some Important Information about the Data
- You can choose the following crime types: Burglary, Robbery, Assault, and Gun/Weapons Violations.
- You can view one or all of the above crime types for a particular time period, up to 180 days. The map is updated daily.
- You can search for crimes near an address like “25 E 1st St, Des Moines, IA” or near an intersection like “E 1st St and Court Ave, Des Moines, IA”.
- The points on the map represent approximate locations and are not exact.
For Best Results
- Select “Small Icons” in the icon view
- View 30 days or less of crime history
- Select a specific address or intersection with a 1 mile radius
The Des Moines Police Department is pleased to provide this map interface to law enforcement crime data. We welcome your comments or suggestions. If you would like to offer feedback regarding this website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any information regarding a specific crime, please contact the Detective Bureau at 515-283-4864.
Chief of Police
Disclaimer: The City of Des Moines makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information for any other particular use. Furthermore, the City of Des Moines assumes no liability associated with the use or misuse of this information.
Note to Dial-up Users: Due to the volume of data being communicated, a user with connection speeds of 28.8kbps or slower may experience some delays in transmission.
Go to map