Due to renovations some offices have moved, please check the City Hall Move page for more information.
Report a Street Light Issue

MidAmerican Energy Streetlighting


The majority of the streetlights within the City of Des Moines are owned and maintained by MidAmerican Energy.  Streetlight outages may be reported directly to MidAmerican Energy using their online Street Light Request Form  or by calling MidAmerican Energy at 1-888-427-5632.  If you do not see the repairs completed within 4 weeks, please submit a second request to MidAmerican Energy.


City-Owned Streetlighting


The City of Des Moines does own and maintain some decorative streetlighting within the City.  These decorative lights are typically located in the downtown area (such as Court Avenue and E Locust).  Please contact our office at 283-4973 to report a decorative lighting outage or complete the form below.  We ask that you provide detailed information when indicating the location of the light including street name, side of street, adjacent address, and/or closest cross street.


If you are unsure of who owns and operates the streetlight you would like to report out, please contact our office at 515-283-4973 or fill out the city-owned report form.  Our office will forward the request to the correct entity.




  • General Information
  • Street Light Information