Due to renovations some offices have moved, please check the City Hall Move page
for more information.
Dog Park Permits Available at the City Clerk's Office
- Annual dog park permit fees are $20.00. Dog park permits will be valid January 1 - December 31 of each year.
Requirements to Purchase a Permit
- Current dog license from the City of Des Moines or their home jurisdiction
- Current dog rabies vaccination certification
- Dog must be no less than four months old
- Permits and tags pertain to specific dogs, not the dog park and therefore cannot be transferred to other dogs or dog owners.
Download the appropriate application to apply for a Dog Park Permit
Where to Purchase Permits
- Permits are required to use the dog park and are sold at the City Clerk's office in Des Moines City Hall located at 400 Robert D Ray Drive, Des Moines, IA 50309; Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Dogs owners will have the opportunity to purchase dog park permits along with annual dog license in November when applications will be mailed to current dog license holders.
- For questions regarding dog park permits please call (515) 283-4209 ext. #3 between 8am-5pm or listen to pre-recorded information at 515- 237-1DOG(1364)