The LocationOne Information System (LOIS) is a GIS-enhanced website that enables you to dynamically search for available commercial, industrial, office, and retail space, as well as available sites in the City of Des Moines.
Airport Commerce Parks
The City of Des Moines has three privately-developed business parks near the Des Moines International Airport-Airport Commerce Park South, Airport Business Park and Airport Commerce Park West. The City, through the use of Tax Increment Financing, has supported the development of these high-quality business parks.
Quality Park Environment:
* Planned Business Park Zoning: Allowed uses include office, commercial, warehouse and light manufacturing.
* Open Space: All development must include minimum amount of open space and screening.
* Design guidelines: All three parks have established minimum development requirements. High quality development protects future values.
Close proximity to the Des Moines International Airport, a hub for Air Freight.
All three parks are less than 10 miles from Interstate 35/80 offering easy access to Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis and Omaha.
Only minutes from Downtown Des Moines.
Businesses who locate in any one of the three parks will qualify for a full 3-year tax abatement program.
Recent freeway construction and airport expansion has increased land values and the trend is expected to continue.
Airport Commerce Park West Map
Airport Commerce Park South Map
SE Agribusiness Park
The purpose of the SE Agribusiness Park is to create a business park for agribusinesses and related industries that enhances and supports inter-industry linkages. Through collaboration, businesses will enhance their profitability and the community will build its property tax base, increase the use of existing dense infrastructure and significantly improve its quality of life.
Approximately 1,100 Acres
Southeast Des Moines
Discovery, development/prototyping and production.
Agribusinesses and related companies that fit the Park image and development strategy, coincide with regional cluster strengths and weaknesses, fit with regional development goals and offer long-term growth potential.
The Park will provide an excellent return on public and private investment. The current assessed value of the area is only $12.7 million. It is estimated that new development will create approximately $420.4 million in additional tax base at buildout, which will generate $16.9 million annually to be reinvested into the community. Land sales proceeds will yield about $32 million. Approximately 6,500 jobs will be created. Other benefits will include the potential to obtain substantial water and sewer revenue. Increased business competitiveness will result from developing this specialized niche for agribusinesses and related industries. It will also create a positive national identity for Des Moines and Iowa, which may attract further investment. In addition, the community's long-term quality of life will be enhanced.
Anchor and related businesses continue to invest in the Park. Innovative partnerships will be developed to manage and market the development, provide value-added business services and create more advantages for investors. Agribusinesses and related industries will grow within an environment dedicated to nurturing emergent ideas and realizing their global benefits.
Central Place Industrial Park
The Central Place industrial Park Plan provides design criteria which assure a uniform level of improvements in order to maintain an attractive, light industrial/commercial business park environment.
Active Business Association:
The Central Place Industrial Park Business Association promotes business development and facilitates business networking among area companies. The Association also promotes the betterment and growth of the area and continuously works for the best interests of the businesses within the Park.
Insurance, Police and Fire Protection:
Central Place has a fire classification 3 rating, resulting in the most favorable insurance rates in the metropolitan area. The City of Des Moines has outstanding full-time police and fire departments to provide continuous protection.
Central Location in Des Moines:
* Within 1 mile of Downtown Des Moines
* Within 7 miles (10 minutes) of the Des Moines International Airport.
* Adjacent to the Main Branch of the Federal Post Office.
Accessible to Interstate Highways
* Being ½ mile from Interstate 235 puts Central Place within minutes of any business market in the Metro-Des Moines area.
* Access to both I-35 and I-80 from I-235 opens Central Place businesses to markets across Iowa and throughout the Midwest.
Ease of Development
* Fully assembled and cleared sites are available for redevelopment.
Utilities and Infrastructure:
* Utility systems designed for industrial capacities are available to all sites.
* Streets are constructed to industrial specifications.
* Variety of parcel sizes are available to meet specific development needs.
* Opportunity for future expansion can be provided.
* Entire industrial park is zoned M-1 which allows a variety of compatible light industrial and commercial uses.
Reasonably Priced Land: Land assembled by the City of Des Moines is made available for development at reasonable market prices.
Tax Abatement: Most favorable tax abatement program in the metropolitan area. Choose from two schedules: a) 100% abatement on improvements for 3 years; or b) a declining percentage abatement over 10 years.
Variety of Financial Assistance Programs: Des Moines has several programs which can assist development with long-term, fixed asset financing at below market rates. The City also provides working capital loans and can assist businesses with State and Federal Business assistance programs.
Guthrie Avenue Business Park
The 135-acre Guthrie Avenue Business Park (View Map) provides a quality environment for your business by assuring:
• Variety of parcel sizes (1.5 acres to 33 acre sites) with room for future expansion.
• Generous uniform setbacks.
• Landscaped grounds.
• Durable, good quality building construction.
• One and two story buildings.
• Ample off-street parking and loading.
• Fully-services sites with industrial capacity utilities and industrial specification streets.
Exceptional Investment Advantages
• Unique opportunity to construct buildings for user-owner and for lease.
• Consistent design standards to protect investment.
• Flexibility to meet existing and future space requirements.
• M-1 zoning to allow only compatible commercial and light industrial uses.
Development Financing Opportunities
• Land assembled by the City of Des Moines and offered at a reasonable price.
• City assistance in accessing
• Long-term fixed asset financing with flexible terms and interest rates; and
• Short-term working capital financing with flexible terms and interest rates.
• Most favorable property tax abatement rates in the metropolitan area. Select 100% abatement on improvements for
three years or a declining percentage abatement for 10 years.
• Best insurance rates in the metropolitan area due to outstanding full-time police and fire departments.
The Guthrie Avenue Business Park is located ½ mile from I-235 which connects to I-80 and I-35. The Guthrie Avenue Business Park offers:
• 5 minute drive time (3 miles) to downtown Des Moines.
• 15 minute (9 miles) to Des Moines International Airport.
• Adjacent rail service.
• Proximity to quality commercial office and light industrial support services such as UPS and Consolidated Freightways.
Attentive Project Management
An Economic Development Coordinator from the City's Office of Economic Development is available to provide support and assistance during every phase of development. The Economic Development Coordinator provides a centralized point of contact for the businessperson or developer seeking assistance with development questions. The Economic Development Coordinator is never more than a phone call away to provide conscientious assistance in any way possible.
To explore the opportunities available in the City of Des Moines, please contact the Office of Economic Development at 515-283-4004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.